The Letters Crusade

Discover the boy you never knew.


Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Stunning Breakthrough

Ello Decembah~!!

Let me recall back my memories. It was 3 years ago since the last time I performed on top of the stage, I mean sketch. That was during the IU Camp 2006 held by our school Interact Club. Neah, it was nothing great to remember about. I act as a bull. To be exact, a skinny, boney bull. My job was to run like hell back and fro on the stage to bang a matador. In that sketch also, I act as a thief. My total showtime is less than 2 minutes I think. Typical calefe~ (part-time actor)




Until year 2009, our Moral studies required us to work on a presentation. We are given options on what we are going to present: Forum, Debate or Sketch. Duh, forum and debate are so boring... So, in the end, our group choose to perform a sketch. To my surprise, we are the only group that chose sketch. No competition?


GREAT.



In the story, I acted as a very childish boy, Robert who knows nothing but playing and fooling around!! His mom, Nyonyo who was very rich but doesn't have any grandchildren to play with, so she decided to find a wife for Robert. Robert likes Priya, his only childhood girl friend, but Priya don't, because he was too childish. So, Robert decided to change. After a long hard process of changing, he finally turned into a real man. He proposed to Priya and they live happily forever.

Sounds like a typical fairy tale to you, right?

Now why is this entry titled "A Stunning Breakthrough"?


Because...







In the sketch, I had to dressed up like this,



HOLY MAMA~!!



Full set except the mushroom wig and pink panther. =)






So, i ended up like this,




Hi, I'm Robert!!


At first, when Dao Zhen decided that I will be the one casting Robert, I accepted. (weii.. main actor weih.. its time for me to SHINE~!!! XD) Then after he handed me the possible outfit for Robert as displayed above, I was like, "Noooo way~ This is C R A Z Y!!"


But come to think of it, I have never ever been into such kind of "devastating" performance. This is a golden chance(..to SHINE!!). "So, why don't I give it a try?"


The plot line is basically, fully completely tarnish my personal image as DISASTROUS as possible in almost 75% of the whole story. And try my best to freaking build up my image as high as Taiwan 101 during the ending. (After I completely changed)


See how EXTREME this drama was!! And this is also one of the reasons why I decided to cast Robert. Call me extremist whatever, I just like seeing myself giving the audience a bloody surprise of the year!!


During the 1st time practising, I need to sorta like "cultivating" childish personality inside me. The best part is, every time after finished practising one scene, I will then quickly turn into a normal guy. WOW!! I enjoyed this kind of feeling so much!! To switch between two characters in a blink of an eye~ A word of advice, try this at your own risk!! Overdoing it and you had schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder, don't come and find me.

However, its worth a try! =)



After few times of practising, sometimes I will add in more funny gestures or actions and all my group members will be laughing so hard and that's what keeps me going!!

In the end, with great effort of practising, all of us managed to pull it out a wonderful show!! Since that day was the last lecture of Moral, for me, our sketch somehow looks like a curtain call for the 4-months Moral class. Everybody was laughing throughout the show and I strongly believe that all of them were having a great time watching us performing.



This is the main reason that motivates me to perform. I really enjoy entertaining people, after all, life's harsh. You don't want to be like after all the day long of working and then suddenly a friend come to you and complain how his/her life sucks from the beginning till the end of the conversation.



To entertain people, oh my holy task~~ Perhaps I should go for entertainment field.













Well, maybe not.

2 comments:

The Tall Guy said...

Lol. That's one extremely "cute" character to act. Glad you guys made an effort to break through the boredom of forums and debates. You sure generated plenty of chuckles in this post.=)

Jiajun said...

hahahaa!! i really give it all out, no care ady.. XD n im glad that all of them enjoy!!