The Letters Crusade

Discover the boy you never knew.


Sunday, December 6, 2009

Overcoming the Hardest Days

Ever wonder what will you feel when you fall sick? And even worse, its your exam week!



During the last week (for 2009) I stayed in KBU hostel, a thought suddenly came up in my mind.

Monologue, "Dude, you didn't fall sick for nearly 5 consecutive months! And after this week you will hit 5 months of immunity!! KUDOS!!"


'You talk/think about something, that particular thing happens!!' translated from a mandarin cliche.


On last Tuesday evening, I started to feel unwell, didn't have appetite and sweating on my neck. The day after is Malaysian Studies exam!! Yeah yeah~ I know, that you hardly failed this subject given that you excel in internal part. But, still you gotta be fit to sit the exam also (it carries half the mark!) However, what I worried the most is IELTS!!

Mannnn.. I was like, "Wtf man!! Early no sick, late no sick, want exam ady you only want to sick!!"


OMG, that night I was sooooo afraid. Afraid of really falling sick on the next day. For the whole night, I couldn't sleep well, with sweat around my neck. Rolling here and there on the bed. The longest night I've spent. The whole night was like a war of mental. One side is the afraid of getting sick, another is the determination of holding on till the end of the week saying, "by hook or by crook, you are going to hold on till IELTS ends!!"


I survived on the next day. I didn't have fever whatsoever. But still, there's something wrong with my stomach. I don't have appetite.

On the 2nd night, I managed to get a somehow better sleep. Still, there's a slightly unwell feeling but the Moral exam next day was okay.


Jeng jeng jeng jeng!! The next day will be the IELTS Speaking test. The night before that day, I couldn't sleep well again due to stomach growling. (as mentioned, I'm hungry but I don't have appetite to eat) As last resort, I woke up at 6.30am and stuffed myself a bread and milo and then sleep back. I don't know maybe because I straightaway sleep after eating, on the next day, my stomach gone worse. =.=

My time of speaking was at 1.50pm and I need to go there 45 minutes before that. So, i tried to have my lunch with bread again and milo. This is the time that I completely lost my appetite. I bite a bit of the bread and straightaway the stomach 'oppose' it. I ended up drinking milo only as my lunch.

Luckily, I managed to perform normally in the test. =)


On that night, I finally phoned my parents and told them about my condition. They asked me to buy ENO and drink. Maybe because it was the excessive 'wind' inside my stomach that cause me to have no appetite even though I was hungry. I followed their advice and my appetite was recovering bit by bit. And I thought that by tomorrow, I will recover completely!!



I was wrong.



The last day. The day of IETLS exam. The weather in the morning was sooo damn cold and gloomy. It was like a mobile aircond following you walking around!! Although my stomach is better now, my body started to gone to the worst state.

While waiting to queue up for registration to enter the exam hall, I started cold sweating(feeling of cold and hot at the same time) and then my face started shivering!! OMG, I was damn afraid that if I continue to be like this during the exam, gone lah my IELTS.... HANCUR!!


However, my condition started to ease after sitting and waiting inside the hall for a period of time. And by the time the exam starts, I am in my 75% condition. (really not considered as 100%, still have slightly unwell feeling which was the best result I get for holding on.)





2 hour and 45 minutes.....






PASSED!!!



I MANAGED TO SURVIVED TILL THE END OF THE IELTS!!!



Oh my god, I really can't believe myself that I actually made it! To have hold on myself for not falling sick and finish the exam, I made it!!



But come to think of it, I still couldn't find the reason why I will feel unwell and had no appetite out of a sudden. Is it because of food poisoning? Or is it because I worry too much of falling sick in exam period?



Well, I guess that's not important anymore. Because.....




I'm back to my hometown!!


My lovely HOME SWEET HOME~


Now only I understand the power of a home. It gives you the support, the feeling of secure, the warmth and the power to overcome any hardships!!

0 comments: