The Letters Crusade

Discover the boy you never knew.


Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dictionary

Look, I gotta make sure my blog alive every week!!



Last 2 weeks, I went to Midvalley to watched Michael Jackson's This Is It. Well, of course I have already blogged about how wonderful the film is. But there's one more important thing happened on that day.


I bought my 1st English dictionary!!



Talking about dictionary, I came across our very own popular Malay dictionary, Kamus Dewan And its already come out with its fourth edition! But there's something really wrong about the cover. I don't know if it is just me, or it looks like a Chinese New Year's Red Packets Collection Album.



DAMN RED.



Again. Talking about dictionary reminds me of when I was in primary school. My Chinese tuition teacher used to teach us the Art of Wind. That is, we were trained to find respective words in the Chinese dictionary as fast as we can. Every Chinese words have their own 部首, and we could memorize almost all of their page numbers respectively. We were like a biotic search engine. No joke. We even have competition sometimes to ensure that our engine is not rusty.

Ok, back to the English dictionary that I've just bought. As far as I'm concerned, English is more likely to overshadow both Malay and Chinese in near future. Yet, our Maths and Science are reverting from English and to be taught in Malay in secondary school. Malaysia Boleh.



By having a English dictionary as a companion during my tertiary education is indeed a big help. Seriously, IELTS (International English Language Test System) is no joke. At first, I thought blogging might be helpful in improving my English. Yes, it is helpful. For a bit. IELTS writing test is about academic writing. Its totally different from blog writing because when you are viewing my entry now, you imagine me speaking out the words.

And now only I know how shallow my vocabulary is, that sometimes I need to think ages to squeezed out a suitable word to use (happens when blogging too!!) and having problem forming a well organised sentence. (that's why I might spend 2 hour to finish a long entry) I need to improve my vocab bank seriously. So, i decided to "hire" 'The teacher who don't speak.' (direct translate from a Chinese phrase which means dictionary)



Shadaaaap~


Do not underestimate this flat chubby fella, he offers not only the deepest knowledge. When you get frustrated of learning bloody English, you can just smash him like a punchbag to release your stress!!






He's TOUGH!!





Let's say you study like mad and your stomach calls for help. Worry no more, you can study and eat on the go with him.








Eating trees (paper) is the one of the main source of energy for the ancient people what.




And by the time, you feel sleepy after reading 145324 of sample essays, you can just lie your head on him and have a good night sleep.










Now, that's what we called a multi-purposed dictionary!



Have a nice day folks, because Monday blues is on its way!! =)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dun u feel guilty too slep on it?haha

ps: u buy the dic for the sake of blogging?haha

gyvinne

Jiajun said...

haha.. i'm running out of idea. so had to sacrifice my beloved dictionary.. XD

i buy dic for the sake of learning!! seriously. =)

caLwin said...

hahaha..nice

The Tall Guy said...

LOL. I didn't know the dictionary has so many functions=p

Jiajun said...

now u know, make good use of it! XD

WeiXin said...

was here...
nice post.. haha ^^