The Letters Crusade

Discover the boy you never knew.


Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Malam Berbuka Puasa a.k.a "Break" Fast Night

Question : What you get when you crossed a Chinese guy with a baju Melayu?



Answer : You get a Chinese guy wearing baju Melayu.

Don't think so complicated~ It will only make your life more complicated~ =)




Last Friday night, Icon Club (previously known as Our Club) organized an event called Malam Berbuka Puasa. It was to foster relationship between seniors and juniors, to promote better understanding of culture yada yada... See? There are so many objectives need to be achieved even though you just wanna hold a simple dinner. Dinner right? So eat is the primary objective lah... again, why make life so complicated~~ All you need to do is to eat! You want a more formal one?

To fill the hunger of yours.


We were informed that we need to pretend to be a Malay wear baju Melayu when attending the feast. Of course, girls were to wear baju Kurung or any traditional dress.

So, I went to borrow from my Malay course mate and I have no idea why I picked the bloody red 1 and gave the blue 1 to my roommate.


I ended up looking like a bottle of rose flavoured syrup.


Hi. The name is Jiajun bin Tor.


While waiting for the VIP, our president, Mush asked all the seniors and juniors to sit together, mixing up instead of 1 table all juniors then another table all seniors. We want to foster relationship what remember? So we sit cham cham lor.

I don't know why the committee didn't told us earlier. Actually, we juniors need to serve the guests!! I mean, not like waiter lah run here run there, it's a buffet dinner, so we just need to stand in a line then start putting the food onto the guests' plate till they go "Woi!! cukup cukup!!"

I was lucky for not being the one who serve the rice. Because you see, in a zhap3 fan3 restaurant ah, the most busy and use his/her mouth the most 1 ah, is the one who is serving the rice. Right? "Besar?" "Kecik?" "Cukup?" "Boleh?" putting in and out the rice, always smile and talk to the customer(guest in this occasion). Jeng! The person who did this job will be revealed later on.

FYI, I didn't even get a chance to taste the food and all I did is to give people chance to eat the mouth-watering food. Okay okay, I know I'm not fasting so I should not be complaining about my hunger.

By the time we finished serving all the guests, nasi sudah habis~ So, we ended up eating meehoon, but, the experience worth it. I have never, in my life, serve any food to other people like this.

When I was eating, I saw our president, I asked him whether he ate already. He say, "Belum lah.. Banyok kerja nak buat nih~ Xde mood mau makan lah" Mind you, he is a Muslim who is fasting too!! Maann... Suddenly, it reminds me of the Interact Club Installation Night 2007 where I was just been elected as the new president at that time and was given the task to held a farewell dinner. During the whole night, I hardly have any appetite to enjoy my dinner. Although the food is right in front of me, I found it hard to chew and swallow it down to my stomach. The tension had killed all my appetite. Back to the present, I was like looking at the old me.


Here goes some pichass~



My roommate, DaoZhen.


Kah Wai. Smaller version of Lai Kean. You will know why when you meet him.


David. A shy guy. LOL!


Li Chee (don't know spell correct or not) Damn, even my classmate's name I also can't remember!! I'm soooo dead~


Jia Min.


Thila.


Sherry.

And here, I shall present y'all, the one who serve the rice for everyone!!!!









Hui Ji aka Ciku!!! (reason : unknown)

So you think Beanie is the Ultimate Chatter Box? Not until you meet Ciku yourself!! She's the most sporting, talkative person I met here. Find 1 day, we ask these 2 fella to compete see who stop talking 1st. Anyway, she's definitely a rocker. (measured in our own idea of "rock")


Believe your eyes. I was holding a diamond. *hypnotising*



All these LOADS of leftover were "kidnapped" by those who stayed at the student house for their second round feast!! tak aci tak aci!!



Before ending this entry, I would to like thank our club committee for pulling out such a wonderful event. Good job y'all!!


Oh ya, I forgot to tell you guys something interesting that I found out during that night. Remember what our president told us just now? We were to mix sitting with seniors and juniors.

Now, after they got up from their seats, proceed to get their food, and then going back to their table, and finally sat down.....


Wait, I saw some thing's wrong! The people they are sitting with now are their gangs respectively!!



What a typical shy Asians we are~





5 comments:

The Tall Guy said...

lol. u sure have humorous tone in blog writing...too bad I couldn't make it for the dinner. this year you juniors sure did a great job. there's that card. thanks!

Jiajun said...

haha.. i found that humorous tone suit me most in blogging.. well, people need to be entertained while viewing blog.. after all, who wanna c those emo x1000 blog since our life itself is hell enough.. XD

Song said...

Hi! Rose syrup BOyyy~~
haha...you reminded me of syrup bandung XP

The Tall Guy said...

yeah, true... i like blogs that entertain other people and ourselves. keep up the good job. now i have one more source of humorous blogs!

Jiajun said...

@song : syrup bandung mmg best!!

@calvin : tqtqtqtq!! XD