The Letters Crusade

Discover the boy you never knew.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Sarawak Trip 2010 Part 2

If you haven't read Part 1, please click the link below:

Part 1

On the fourth day morning, we had kuey chap as our breakfast.

every edible parts of pig are inside.

After that we made our way to the Dewan Undangan Negeri (DUN) building. Too bad we can't go inside the building due to our unsuitable attire. So, we can only take picture from far.

trees blocked. >.< Next stop was to the Orchid Garden.

Luckily we brought enough umbrella. It was a bright sunny day.

look at the mighty bright sky. sun burn in a blink of eye without umbrella.

took a lot of photos. 1st time using A LOT of macro shots with SE W995. (phone camera don't play play)

After the scorching walk around the garden, we decided to pay a visit to Fort Margherita.

The fort was named after Ranee Margaret Brooke, wife of Charles Brooke. It was built in 1878 and completed in 2 years later just in time to defend against a pirate attack. (click here to know more)

It took us quite a while to finally find the way into this fort. The signboard for it was a piece of laminated colour paper. =.=

a shot from the hill where Fort Margherita is located. finally got a nice view of the DUN building.

On that night, we went to try the chicken porridge. Not just chicken slices y'know. It has the steamed braised chicken!! So tantalizing till I forgot to take the picture of it. =P

Nehmind, here's another place I would recommend if you had enough or got bored of Snowflake.


This shop is special because it uses electronic menu with touchscreen! You can order your icy flakes with just a few touch. The items displayed in the menu are really NOT "for illustration purpose only". The graphic is so detail that makes you wondering are they using Nvidia graphic card and Samsung LED screen? lol

After eating some frost, we went to witness the famous cat statue in the city junction.

McD is everywhere.

Fifth day was a relaxing day, stay at home. I guess. (because I couldn't find any pictures taken on that day..hmmm..)

On the very morning of the sixth day, we woke up at around 5 something because we wanted to climb the Mt. Singai. After swallowing down a pack of kolo mee, off we go to climbing!!

Mt. Singai is famous because there is a church built on midway up the hill.

it took us around 30 minutes to climb up to here. of course there are steps along the way. however, for those who want to have their skills tested, they can continue climbing all the up as the path further on has no steps.

After the oh-so sweating climbing, we planned to dip ourselves into the chilling water at the falls. Unfortunately, we forgot to bring extra clothes and pants. We don't wanna go dipping wet sexy. Yet. xD

That day was Raphael's birthday, so at night we went to a chinese restaurant to celebrate this wonderful occasion.

look how thick was the cake!!

Since it was the last night of the trip, we spent 4 hours pillow talk from 1am to 5am. Which I think was an unique experience. Well, its been 1 and a half year we have been together and after this we might not be seeing each other for quite a long time. So, I think this was the best time to share thoughts that you haven't got time to do so.

In a blink of eyes, 7 days had passed. The trip had finally came to an end. We ate a lot, seriously a lot. We visited a lot of cool places. We all had great memories there.

Once again, I would like to thank Raphael and also his family for taking good care of us like their own children throughout the whole trip. Making us feel home every time we went back to Raphael's house. =)

A trip to remember....