The Letters Crusade

Discover the boy you never knew.


Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One day trip to Pulau Ketam

This is the continuation of my previous post. After finished my Mid-Term, my cousin, Joey brought me along with his girlfriend, Evon to Pulau Ketam. We had to travel to Port Klang to board the ferry to the island.



The journey to Pulau Ketam took us around 35 minutes and some unexpected scene happened while on our way to the island.


A police patrol ship blocked our ferry. Then the polices came inside the ferry and request every passengers to show their IC. Very fortunately, I brought my IC (always inside my wallet). Later, I learned that many illegal immigrants use this water way to seludup or zhao lou (runaway in Cantonese). The scene is very similar to what happened in ID 精英 (a TVB Drama). lol


"blek! we got bring IC~"








We stomped on the land of crab at around 11.30am.





see, the pavement road there is narrow and bicycles are the only transportation allowed on the island apart from your own feet. There are bicycles to rent however, at the rate of RM5.


Things to do in Pulau Ketam:

i) Taste exotic seafood.

ii) Crabs are finger lickin' good.

iii) Prawns Pwnage

iv) Oysters Overwhelming


Gathering of all seafood. Squid and lobster missing in action though.

We ordered fried oyster and also fried lala from Sungei Wang Pulau Ketam. Although they taste good, I don't recommend stuffin your stomach with them as you might puke the next time you saw them(oyster and lala). I mean, you already feel sick when you are surrounded by lala at Sungei Wang. You get the idea. The same applies to eating.

Having our stomach occupied made us lazy to walk.


Did I mentioned to you that you can only ride bicycle on the island? Yesh! We went and rent bicycle. Unfortunately, Joey doesn't know how to cycle, Evon's wearing skirt that day, and so I'm the only person who can ride one.

Initially, Joey and Evon planned to take turns sitting behind while I cycle. But, due to my inexperience of fetching people with bicycle, I couldn't fetch anyone of them. The bicycle would just lose control the moment I started to ride. I ended up cycling myself while they chasing behind like crazy enjoying their two-ppl-world behind.






转角遇到爱 Season 2 @ Pulau Ketam. Now Showing.



After that, we went to visit the fish farm.


one-hand DSLR shooting. ;)


At the fish farm, the tour guide explained to us different species of fish, how their eating habits, how the fish farm works, how to deal with fish plague and so on. New knowledge coming in~


Fishville, no?




Fish Cage.




This is a fish chalet where the tourists can enjoy night fishing and stay overnight on the floating houses. You might wake up in the next morning finding yourself in the middle of Atlantic Ocean.


Just kidding.



lying down on a hammock, enjoying sea breeze~ LIFE.



Don't know since when the fish farm had became a place for modeling. XD





they say posing a flying stance at fish farm will grant you a flight ticket to Australia.




While on our way back to the island, our boat stopped by to fill petrol. And this is the 1st time I saw a floating petrol station.


Cool.

Dunno what company it is, but seeing the walls are painted cyan, I assume that it is Petronas. lol. We even saw a guy smoking at there for god sake.




There marks the end of a very tiring but eyes opening trip. 2 islands in a month! (Pulau Tioman last March)


Well, let's end this entry with a very kaolat picture.



get it? nehmind if you dunno Hokkien. XP



Have a nice day!!


all photos credits to Joey.

0 comments: