The Letters Crusade

Discover the boy you never knew.


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Summer Camp 2010 @ Tioman Island, Day 1

Last edited on 2 April 2010, 8.40am. - Added photo credits.


HOLA
!! If you are still wondering why the heck that I didn't update my blog last weekend, you are lampi!! (new word learned from my college friends, short form of LAMbat PIck-up)

For God sake I went to Pulau Tioman!!! Hellooo~!

Now, I can hardly recall any beautiful scenery of Pulau Redang. (been there when I was a kid, I think? lol) So, it can be considered as a very long time ago since I've went to an island.




This time, it was a 3 days 2 nights trip organized by ICON Club. (a club formed by all the JPA scholars in KBU)Before moving on, lemmi introduce our beloved lecturers who braced themselves following us to the trip!

Ms. Jenny!!


My Maths lecturer during bridging class - Ms. Effa!!


My current EALD lecturer - Mr. Derick!!


Last but the most happening!

My Malaysian Studies lecturer during my bridging class - Mr. Al!! He can be say as the mastermind of this whole trip!


We departed at 10pm by bus, some of us sat on the van. We arrived at the Mersing Jetty at around 5am. Then we departed by a speed ferry at 6am. The aircond inside the ferry was fucking cold! I thought I was sitting on the wrong ferry traveling to North Pole. Later on, I found out that the seating area in front was A LOT warmer, is like having Tropical Rain Forest and Tundra together in a ferry.

From the ferry.



We reached the island about 7 something in the morning.


This is my room.


The fire extinguisher outside our room. Looking at its peeling off 'skin', I pray hard that my room doesn't get burn by global warming.


Basically, we have nothing to do during the whole morning and afternoon on the first day, except power-sleeping to replenish our energy lost from the wtf-transiting-here-n-there journey.

Oh, on the day before the trip, our beloved Physics lecturer gave us some honeymoon destroyer - homework. Initially, I feel like, "Ape pulak nih? Aku gi tioman mau enjoy lah! x yoh ambik homework pergi! Mau enjoy sepenuhnya!"







This is me doing physics homework. lol

utter contradiction.



During our leisure time, we visited the waterfall nearby which is known as the Rock Fall. The water was super cold! Damn relaxing! I'm in cloud nine~~


I know I'm sexy. =P


Our very own Spongebob Squarepants stays at water fall instead of under the sea.


SPLASH!!

BIIISH!!!





After chilling like crazy in the afternoon, its ice-breaking time at night!!


1st game, we are to named anything that can be found in the kitchen. I said, "CCTV." Then, we are to complete the following sentence with the thing we said just now. "Every morning, I brush my teeth with a _______" So you know what happened on my sentence. OMG! We all are laughing so hard, that one even end up brushing his teeth with a can opener. LMAO!!



Then the 2nd game, we sat on chairs forming a big circle and each of us have to shout out our name together with our signature move. The interesting part was, we had to memorize all the names and signature moves right from the beginning until the current person. A very effective method of remembering a person.







Onto the third game, we are required to hold the candle on its upright position using thread and move for a distance, without blowing off the candle.








My group reached the finish line few seconds after the first group. However, the first team to arrive had blow off their candles right after being judge as the champs. Thanks to Kah Wai, we smartly used this loophole saying that our candle still lit up compared to the first group!! We ended up being CHAMPION. Biggest kantoi (new word I learn, means amkan) to the 1st team.



Then, it is the most breathtaking game of that night. The Nightline. All of the group members are to be blindfolded, and only listen to the guidance from their assigned facilitator and walk all the way round back to the finish line(where we started).



It was very very unusual experience because I get to experience being a blind person who have to rely only on sound and touch, heavily.


However, being "blind" doesn't stop these people from cam-whoring.







The true semangat of cam-whoring.


And then we have our last game of the night, which is called the Blanket game. I used to play this before during the Interact Club's International Understanding Camp. Is like this, two teams are separated by a piece of blanket, each team sends a player in front, when the blanket comes down, the player has to guess the name of the person in front of them. Fastest wins.


READY?






*BLANKET'S DOWN!!*







Ah~ What a great night~ What's more, it's the first day only!! And we all are getting so excited already!! XD

Two more days to go, so stay tuned y'all!!



photo credits to Mr. Al, Mr. Derick, Ms. Effa, Afiq and Imran.

2 comments:

Song said...

wow.....nicey!

Unknown said...

You guys have taken the place by storm. The pics tell them all. I wish I could stay at a super cool Tioman Island hotel and while away my time lazily