The Letters Crusade

Discover the boy you never knew.


Thursday, January 28, 2010

First Time Scripting Experience

Alright alright!! I'm going to tell you the reason why I didn't update my blog last weekend like usual. OMG, I feel like I'm a weekend story teller with lots of bullshit to share. XD



The reason is that I went to have a cup of coffee with James Cameron. (If you don't know who is him, you suck.) AVATAR dude!! I was having an English assignment of filming a short movie that portrays novel 'The Little Prince' themes and moral values. After I saw how awfully success the movie 'Avatar' was, I decided to pay James Cameron a visit. That's why I didn't manage to update in time.



Those are total bullshit lah of course. lol. But the assignment stuff are for real folks!


Tell you man, writing a script ain't an easy task to pick up with! Especially when you have 5 brains thinking together. (but I thought the more the people, the faster the work is done?) Yeah, in some way it is, because one could point out mistake of one another. Although too many cooks might spoil the soup(clashing of too many different ideas), producing a whole script with one brain alone is too heavy to handle with. After spending a total like 11 hours+, we finally finished the script with running time around 30 minutes.

The main problem when producing a script is the storyline. You might think that after done constructing the rough plot, you are as good as done. No. During some point in the storyline, we found that the plot just stuck there and the story couldn't develop logically. We might have to modify the development of the remaining plot, how the story is going to continue smoothly, reasonably. This is when we are having a hard time during discussion. Everybody silent, thinking on how the hell to continue the story. The ultimate brain juice dehydration and perhaps hair loss are experienced. lol

Basically, we have just finished one out of the three part only (the scripting) for the whole assignment. There's the filming and the editing to be deal with. FML. And I think I should be the one who will be editing the whole film to become a complete movie.(since none of my group members have experience in it before) FML again.

All in all, I believe that all of these would give us precious experience on how actually a real movie is made, I mean short film. lol. Even a short film also headache already, couldn't imagine how James Cameron film the whole 'Avatar'. With 14 years of his life.


And I haven't watch it yet. What a shame of me.. =(



Tomorrow is gonna be the first day we start our shooting for the whole film. We didn't held a pre-filming 'praying' ceremony though. Still, I hope that we can successfully produce an interesting short movie, with extreme poverty stricken. ><

First scene, night scene. I just figured it out that we don't have any lighting system. With no road lights, all we could film is a black, black and nothing but black scenery.


FML.


Anyway, wish me luck folks! I seriously need it, pretty please~ =)

2 comments:

amir abdillah said...

so who's going 2 b da director??

Jiajun said...

me! i tink so. lol